01 March, 2011

Step 2&3, before class homework

A. My Best Piece of Creative Work
This model was done during workshop 5 in Architectural Communications last year. Our aim was to find a word to describe the experience of traveling the path between the law building and the chemical engineering building, and use that word to create a model. Then we tried to use the black mount board, following the "Golden Ratio", and the inspiration from one of the architectural journals, we created two similar bits and joined those two together. From this side, we can see a lot of small windows, which are the paths to the other side of the model, we can observe different depths of light through these small holes; from the side direction, we can see a lot of columns between those two parallel plates, which we can experience the sense of "trapped" surrounding by the columns. If we rearrange the model (it can be sat on table flatly with four of its sides), we can see very different light projection. I was amazed with what we had created.

B. Image of Great Piece of Architecture
The Colorbond Award for Steel Architecture: Australian Expo Pavillion (China) by Wood/Marsh Pty Ltd Architecture, Photo: Peter Bennetts
Australian Expo Pavillion (China) by Wood/Marsh Pty Ltd Architecture, Photo: Peter Bennetts

The Australian Expo Pavillion (China) was rewarded The Colorbond Award for Steel Architecture in 2010 Australian National Architecture Awards. The designer fully used the properties of steel (its high young's modulus and elastic modulus), to create this gorgeous, magnificent structure. The form of this architecture is like waves, symbolizing the ocean surrounded continent of Australia.

C. Original Photograph of Something Beautiful


For this photo, it has a quite interesting story. It was Chinese New Year 2007, my family and I went to a Chinese garden. My father just brought a new professional camera and let me to try to take some photos. While I was going to take a photo of this flower, I found it was hard for the lens to concentrate on what I was taking, i.e. the camera always concentrate on the glasses behind, then my father taught me, "while you are taking something really close, use the micro spur option", then finally I took this photo. Although it is not as pleasant as what my father took, I was very pleased of this result.

No comments:

Post a Comment